Friday, October 23, 2009

Guardian Angels

Angels were definitely guarding over my little sugarCane a couple of days ago. During naptime I layed him in his crib still a little awake. I heard him fussing in his room and was waiting on him to fall asleep. For some reason when he is in there fussing, I can't do anything but sit and listen for him to go to sleep. I was going to give him five more minutes to see if he would drift off on his own and then go in to get him, but he got quiet. Normally, I would assume that he had fell asleep, but today I felt urged to go in and check on him.

He was sitting on TOP of his dresser that was beside the crib! This dresser is at least 5 ft. tall!! I gasped and rushed over to pull him down to safety. Usually when he is up to no good and I come toward him, he giggles and tries to get away (He loves to be chased), but today he just smiled and sat perfectly still until I reached him.

Oh, the things that could have happened.

1. I had a stack of clothes on top of it that needed to be stored away that he had knocked into the floor. Thank goodness he didn't slip off with them.

2. He sleeps with a fan on that was sitting on top of his dresser. He had it overturned and could have stuck his little fingers in it.

3. This dresser is in front of a window. He could have tumbled that direction or got tangled in the blinds.

Let's just say there could have been a number of catastrophes.

Needless to say, that dresser is now placed clear across the room, nowhere near his crib, and his crib mattress has been lowered as low as it will go.

I truly believe that God had him surrounded with guardian angels and that He was the "urge" that I had to go in and check on him.

5 comments:

  1. Hey girl. That gives me chills! I'm glad you gave into that urge!

    PS... I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always scary when we think about all the "what ifs" after an incident. I definitely believe that God was prompting you to check on him. Thank God you did. Angels were surrounding your sweet baby for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it that you call him sugarCane. So sweet. And, yes what a wonderful testimony of the Lords protection! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you have quite the mother's instinct! wow!

    ReplyDelete