Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I Have A Gripe

Me, griping, NO, I try not to, but I am frustrated and deserve a good gripe. So here goes, I must warn you it is very trivial. I really wanted to start this blogging business, but have not done very much at all with it. Not because I haven't tried mind you. I have spent precious time trying to figure out how to get a cute little background and theme, but can't figure it all out. Plus the lingo on blogging is a bit confusing at times. It didn't take this much effort to make a pretty myspace page and thank goodness facebook doesn't require backgrounds and frills. Plus, I have seen where people pay good money to customize blog backgrounds, I don't understand, I guess unless it is your businesses blog.

Now, the reason I am so frustrated is because I would like to get my blogging underway, and only have few chances in a day (when kids go to bed and husband is not on the computer playing his cursed World of Warcraft)to accomplish this. So, instead of searching aimlessly on how to beautify my page, I would rather be typing.

One more thing that doesn't pertain to this specific gripe. I keep two other handwritten journals, one for Jeff and one for Cane, so most of the time I don't write stories on here because it would be so redundant since I have already written them elsewhere. I would do a couples journal for my life with Levi but feel that would be too personal for me to do. My thoughts now are what are some things I could continually write on here that I don't in my other journals. Ideas are welcome.

While I am at it, I forgot how mad I get when trying to upload pictures on here as well. It only lets me do one at a time and is slow to boot. Or am I just doing it wrong. I am probably my own worst enemy here.

2 comments:

  1. i think i am going to keep my blog going, then try to publish it into a book after a year, and keep doing so each year as some kind of journal/scrapbook for my relationship and growing future family. that's one idea so you don't have to keep up with so many journals....?

    as for the pics, you can add up to five at a time, i believe. you just have to click "add another" or something. and i don't know why it's taking so long. mine doesn't.

    as for the blog templates, you just copy and paste just like on myspace but it's in the customization area. you can do it in two different ways depending on which site you use. but the site that you go to should give you the directions. find yourself a cute template, then let me know where you're having trouble and i'll try to help.

    maybe you're just over-thinking it and getting frustrated?
    :) hope i can help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, I have tried to paste in the html, but everytime I do either all my blogs are missing or it doesn't show my stuff on the side anymore, so I wind up back with this old original.

    ReplyDelete