Monday, February 27, 2012

Craigslist Creeper

Just telling this story creeps me out.

I had dealings with a creeper/possible robber, raper, and all the unthinkables I hate to think of.

I posted a classified for my grandmas buffet. The same day, a man responds, interested in knowing when he could come look at it. I checked Levi's schedule to make sure he would be here, and then told the man, Tuesday. This was on Saturday, by the way. He did not respond.

Then Sunday evening, he sends a very lengthy response, about how he would have loved to come and looked at it but he is out of town, but he absolutely wants it and will even go as far to add $30 so I will remove the post from Craigslist and hold it for him. He asked for more pictures of it. He then inquires my name, phone number, and address because he will have to send me a cashiers check and upon my receiving the money we will further discuss arrangements for pick-up.

Mind you, this is him telling me all the proceedings to take place. I am thinking this guy is pushy.

Thank the Lord, I was at my mothers and was giving her a play by play on all this, and she suggested I give him our churches PO box, so he won't have my address. I didn't feel comfortable giving my address, but this genius idea had never even crossed my mind. So, I will give him a PO box and then insist that we deliver to him in a public place. Problem Solved!!

All the while, I am feeling super creeped out, gut feeling. He responds that he is sending the cashiers check via Fedex, so he will have to have my street address.

NO WAY, MR!! I honestly replied, that I didn't feel comfortable giving out my home address, so if he could not send payment to the PO box that I could not do this transaction.

And guess what.....I haven't heard from him since.

My mind was still cooking up stories all evening about how he already knew where I lived and I scare myself with stuff like that all the time. So, lots of prayers for safety and protection went up last night from me and my momma!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your momma was advising you and you proceeded with caution. Selling things this way scares me. Too many freaks out there. Thank God for giving you both discernment.

    ReplyDelete