Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Oven Baked Tacos

I have made several recipes I have found on pinterest, but this one was awesome. And this one was amazing. And this one will be made over and over again.

Sweet little Jeffery suggested that we should start having Taco Tuesday a while back. I was excited to have this little tradition for our family and we have done it kind of hit and miss because I don't always remember :( We normally just do the regular taco thing with all the fixings, but this recipe seemed to be so much simpler, and so much better tasting!

And of course, I will include the recipe. And I am now realizing I should have snapped a pic. The original recipe is huge and will make 18-20 tacos, so I halved it. Sort of. I will write the original and then side note what I did differently.

OVEN BAKED TACOS

2 lbs. ground beef
1 can refried beans
1 8oz can of tomato sauce
1 packet of taco seasoning
Shredded cheese
18-20 hard shell tacos
lettuce, salsa, sour cream, jalapeƱos, etc. for toppings

Brown the ground beef, drain if needed, then add the beans, tomato sauce, and taco seasoning and mix all together in the same pan you browned the meat
Stand the shells in a 9x13 dish (this was kind of tricky) and put the filling evenly in all the shells. Top each shell with shredded cheese. And then bake at 400 for 10-12 mins. Voila. Then top them however you wish :)

My variations were that I used only 1 lb of meat, but still a whole can of the beans, tomato sauce, and a whole packet of seasoning. I then only used a box of 12 taco shells.

This is definitely the way we will do Taco Tuesday from now on.

2 comments: